Founded in 1992, CGC Genetics is one of the main European clinical genetics laboratories and leader in medical genetic tests in Portugal. CGC Genetics, with headquarters in Porto, reinforced its investment in Lisbon, USA (Newark) and Spain (Madrid) and, receives samples for genetic testing from all over the world, including hospitals, national and international, public and private, medical clinics, insurance companies and universities.
Using vanguard technologies and strict quality policies, CGC Genetics has a clinical department with 5 Medical Genetics Specialists. In addition, more than 80 highly qualified Geneticists are divided into 5 different laboratory areas: Clinical Genomics, Molecular Diagnostics, Cytogenetics, Prenatal screening and Pathology, offering more than 4,000 genetic tests for prenatal diagnostic and screening, hematology, oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, preventive medicine, common and rare diseases, pharmacogenetics/clinical trials. It has wide experience in array CGH, NGS panels and Disease Exome, analyzed and interpreted with a high clinical integration.
The great investment in research and development of new and unique tests, positioned CGC Genetics as an international reference center (with more than 3,800 entries in different directories of genetic tests), being the exclusive diagnostic test provider for some disorders.
Now as a part of Unilabs Group we are looking for Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticists to reinforced our team.
The successful candidates will join the Molecular Diagnostics and Clinical Genomics Lab at CGC Genetics (Porto, Portugal) as a Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticist and are expected to:
- Perform and oversee routine laboratory procedures accurately and efficiently while operating in accordance with CGC Genetics Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Analyse and classify (according to ACMG 2015 guidelines) variants identified by NGS (gene panels and WES)
- Elaborate clinical reports of NGS-based tests
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and support its implementation
- Document and review laboratory quality procedures within the ISO 15189 standard
Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD in Genetics, Biology or related fields required
- Experience in the analysis and reporting of NGS-based genetics tests (minimum 3 years)
- Title of Human Genetics Specialist or equivalent in Portugal (preferred) or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist
- Strong (bio)informatics skills
- Interpersonal communication and team player attitude